The Maryville City Schools Foundation is now accepting nominations for its annual Starlight Awards.
The Foundation seeks nominations in the following categories:
- Distinguished Alumni Award is granted to Maryville High School graduates who have made distinguished or outstanding contributions to their professions or chosen fields of endeavor, or for distinguished human service to their community, state or nation.
- Outstanding Young Alumni is granted to Maryville High School graduates, age 35 or younger when nominated, for significant accomplishments in their professions or chosen fields of endeavor or for distinguished human service to their community, state or nation.
- Community Partnership is granted to a business that serves as a sustaining partner through financially supporting the Maryville City Schools and youth programs in our community.
- Distinguished Service is granted to an individual who has demonstrated outstanding service and dedication to education in the City of Maryville. This award can be presented to alumni or non-alumni of Maryville High School.
- Family Partnership Award is granted to a family or individual who exemplifies dedication to education in every aspect of their lives. Awardees deserve recognition for their spirit of giving not only financially but through their involvement with the students of Maryville City Schools.
Nomination forms must be emailed or postmarked by September 23, 2013 in order to be considered. The nomination form is available here or can be picked up at the MCSF office located in the Maryville City Schools Central Office at 833 Lawrence Avenue in Maryville.
All completed nomination forms should be directed to Barbara Jenkins, executive director via email at email@example.com or mailed to Maryville City Schools Foundation, 833 Lawrence Avenue, Maryville, TN 37803.
The Starlight Awards Gala honoring the 2013 award recipients will be held on February 22, 2014 at the Clayton Center for the Arts.